Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
Vote for RawrGunz!Please VOTE for RawrGunz at top 200 pserver list!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Splash, ManyBlackPpl  
Forum » RawrGamerz Gunz » Technical support » [Guide]How to PortForward
[Guide]How to PortForward
FancyPantsDate: Saturday, 2009-09-05, 9:16 PM | Message # 1
Carrot Overlord
Group: Moderators
PortForwarding Guide

If your having connection issues where you cannot connect to the server, or when you enter a game and everyone stays lagged, Please follow this step by step guide on how to portforward for Gunz.

Step 1: Finding your Router IP address

Step 1. A: Press start >
--Step 1. B: Vista: Where it says "Start Search" type Run and click Run. exe | Windows XP: Click run located on the right side.
--Step 1. C: Type CMD press enter
--Step 1. D: Type IPCONFIG
--Step 1. E Look for Default Gateway (e. g 192. 168. 1. 1)

Step 2: Configuring Your router

--Step 2. A: Go to Internet explorer and type in your default gateway as the URL
--Step 2. B: Login with your Username and Password ( Default is: Admin / Admin )
--Step 2. C: Click: Applications and Gaming (If not there, find Forwarding, or Port Forwarding or Ect | You may have to click Advanced settings to find it )
--Step 2. D: After you have found Applications and Gaming Find your first port slot it should look like | |~| | TCP/UDP - IP - ON/OFF
--Step 2. E: For port slot 1 type 7800 , For port slot 2 type 7900 , For TCP/UDP, Click both, for IP type 101 , Then click ON
--Step 2. F: Click ok or finish at the bottom to let the settings take effect.

Thank you for reading and i hope this helps

Best Regards
FancyPants

Message edited by FancyPants - Saturday, 2009-09-05, 9:18 PM

ManyBlackPplDate: Saturday, 2009-09-05, 11:46 PM | Message # 2
RawrGunz Developer
it'd probably be better to visit: http://www.portforward.com cuz they cover basically every router out there, and they show which ports you need to open for many applications, such as games like GunZ and all other applications like uTorrent, and whatever you can think of. They also go very in depth for every router. Plus, this may not work for some people who have a Dynamic IP address, in which case they would have to create a static ip address, which portforward.com shows you how. Plus, this only works for people with a router, so if you use a modem, and your gameplay isn't great, don't even bother trying to do this, cuz you won't be able to. Also, every router has different layouts, like I wouldn't be able to portforward if I followed you're tutorial, cuz the way I portforward on my router is quite a bit different from your way. So, although it's good you made this tutorial, I think people should follow http://portforward.com because they go in depth in almost every router, and give specific instructions on how to portforward for many different applications (such as GunZ), and they explain how to get past various situations you may come across.

SplashDate: Sunday, 2009-09-06, 0:14 AM | Message # 3
Head Community Management
Group: Administrators
Quote (ManyBlackPpl)
cuz they cover basically every router out there,

Except mine x.x i did it a while ago like fancy but bleh loads of nats still

ManyBlackPplDate: Sunday, 2009-09-06, 1:02 AM | Message # 4
RawrGunz Developer
what's your router's name? I know they're still trying to get down every router, so there may be a place for you to submit your router's name/model, and then hopefully they get around to it (I know it's a loooooooooooooooong shot, but still :P).

RAMPAGEDate: Sunday, 2009-09-06, 9:11 AM | Message # 5
RawrGunz Pro
Group: Users
mine's Speedtouch, but i won't go into details and i still get that irritating Agent Fucking Error
But on mine, is doesn't say Agent no found...
it keeps saying: " Fix your ping, lagger! "
like WTF???
even on RawR, once....

ManyBlackPplDate: Sunday, 2009-09-06, 4:09 PM | Message # 6
RawrGunz Developer
LOL. It said fix your ping, lagger? O_O. LIESSS xD.

RAMPAGEDate: Monday, 2009-09-07, 4:39 AM | Message # 7
RawrGunz Pro
Group: Users
not lies, BTW....
musta'v been some kinda glitch....

Forum » RawrGamerz Gunz » Technical support » [Guide]How to PortForward
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright RawrGunz © 2024