Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
Vote for RawrGunz!Please VOTE for RawrGunz at top 200 pserver list!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Splash, ManyBlackPpl  
Forum » RawrGamerz Gunz » Server Developments » True or False map (Originating from AlphaMale's True/False event suggestion.)
True or False map
ManyBlackPplDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 1:48 AM | Message # 1
RawrGunz Developer
Group: Moderators
Well, AlphaMale had suggested a true/false event, and I noticed some flaws, especially doing it in a map like mansion. But I thought of a map layout that could compensate for these flaws, and so here is the True/False map.

It is still under development; I haven't added lightmap yet, and some textures are out of place. I was also only able to create the map so that the hoster could only ask 3 True/False question because I didn't have enough room, but I'm going to try and fit in 2 more questions. Anyways, here's my map (event explained with screen shots).

Pre-Game Requirements:
-You must set the time to infinite.
-You must set the game type to Team Deathmatch
-All participants must be on one team, while the hoster(s) is on the other team.
-The hoster must have gm weapons, such as armour that gives him near infinite hp, and shotguns with low delay and high damage (this is not required, but it is highly recommended to have for control)

Once the game commences, everybody will be in the area portrayed in this screen shot, while the hoster will be standing around the area I am standing.

While in this area, the hoster will ask a true and false question. It is recommended that the hoster uses admin_wall to ask the question, but is not necessary. Once the question has been asked, participants will be given approximately 30 seconds to choose whether they think it is true or false. Once they have decided, they will head on to the side they believe to be the answer (if they think it is true, they will go left, and if they think it is false, they will go right). At the end of the hallway, they will see a hole in the ground, and they must fall into this hole.

Once they have fallen into this hole and chosen their answer, they cannot return.

While the players are deciding, the hoster will stay at the position I am at in my first screen shot, until the time is up. Once the time is up, the hoster will check to make sure that the hall way is completely empty. Any participants still wandering the hallways should be killed immediately (this is where the gm items come in handy). Once the hoster has cleared the hallway, he will find his way over to the correct answer (if the answer was true, he will go to the true side, and if it was false, he will go to the false side). The hoster will then announce the correct answer. It is recommended the hoster announces the correct answer with admin_wall, but is not necessary. Participants on the wrong side may leave the game or stay there. They will not be able to return and go to the correct side. The reason for why they cannot return is demonstrated in this screen shot.

As you can see, the entrance that leads back to the hallway is located at the very top middle of the box. Therefore, it is impossible for them to climb their way back through that hole.

Added (2009-06-22, 2:48 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Participants who are on the correct side will continue their way through the hole in the ground.

The hoster will make sure that every player has made their way through that hole, and will then follow the participants through the hole. It is at this point that the hoster will ask the next true/false question, and once again the participants will have 30 seconds to go to the correct side. While the participants are deciding, the hoster will be standing where I am standing.

Notice how I am standing behind the hole to the second round. You must stand there to make sure nobody sneaks their way back up that hole and hides out until your reveal the answer. Anybody caught attempting to do so should be killed immediately. Once the time is up, go up through that hole (by wall hanging on the edge) and double check to make sure nobody is up there. Kill anybody that is. Then make your way back through the hole and kill any participants remaining in the hallway. Then once again, enter the correct room and announce the correct answer. Continue to repeat this proccess until you have completed all 3 questions.

At the very end of the event, if there are more than 3 participants, then nobody will gain anything. If there are no more participants left, then nobody will gain anything once again. If there are 3 or less participants left, then you can do 1 of 2 things.

You can either award them all a prize OR you can create a new room with a password that only the remaining participants know and have a battle royal in a map of your choice to determine the winner. Any of these rules may be tweaked, but I prefer to use these rules.

Extra Screenshots:

So tell me what you guys think smile Sorry for making it long, it isn't as complex as the instructions seem. I just wanted to make sure I made it very detailed.

ManyBlackPplDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 2:22 AM | Message # 2
RawrGunz Developer
Quote (Zero)
As awesome as that map looks, I suggest you seperate the true or false boxes from eachother because if the event is big, you wouldn't be able to tell which line the person is in.
It's up to you though, you could also make a rule like "you must be in a line, not in a row."
Another thing that would actually be a problem is that the person that has to choose will probably choose the team with the most people.

Well, for the first problem you suggested, they're not suppost to line up in front of the true and false signs. The signs are suppost to indicate the side that is true and the side that is false. So if you wanted to answer true, you would go to the side that is true (to the left) and at the end of the hallway, there will be a hole in the ground. You then fall into that hole, and that decides what you're answer is.

And the second problem is some what addressed as well. At the end I said if there were more than 3 people left in the game, then nobody would win a prize. Therefore, if a person was not sure of the answer, he would go to the side with less people, to prevent himself from losing the chance at a prize. But yeah, I can still see how that may become a problem.

ZeroDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 2:27 AM | Message # 3
RawrGunz Noobie
Group: Users
Quote (ManyBlackPpl)
You then fall into that hole

Would there be a way out or not? I'm just wondering. If not, the person that hosted the event would have to suicide to prevent the winners from getting a loss(death).

Quote (ManyBlackPpl)
At the end I said if there were more than 3 people left in the game, then nobody would win a prize. Therefore, if a person was not sure of the answer, he would go to the side with less people, to prevent himself from losing the chance at a prize. But yeah, I can still see how that may become a problem.

It's not even that, if the event hoster knows how to wait patiently and has the potential to actually hold the event, then it would actually be all fine, but you know how some people are on GunZ.

ManyBlackPplDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 2:38 AM | Message # 4
RawrGunz Developer
Quote (Zero)
Would there be a way out or not? I'm just wondering. If not, the person that hosted the event would have to suicide to prevent the winners from getting a loss(death).

I don't really get what you mean by this. I purposely made it so that there is no way out of the hole. So once the participants have decided which side to go to, the hoster will go to the side that is the correct side. The winners will be able to continue on, because there will be a hole that will lead to another level, and it will repeat the exact same hallway and the two true/false sides again. I made is so that you couldnt climb out so that the people on the wrong side would not be able to climb back through the hole and go to the right side.

ZeroDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 2:40 AM | Message # 5
RawrGunz Noobie
Quote (ManyBlackPpl)
Quote (Zero)
I don't really get what you mean by this. I purposely made it so that there is no way out of the hole. So once the participants have decided which side to go to, the hoster will go to the side that is the correct side. The winners will be able to continue on, because there will be a hole that will lead to another level, and it will repeat the exact same hallway and the two true/false sides again. I made is so that you couldnt climb out so that the people on the wrong side would not be able to climb back through the hole and go to the right side.

That's exactly what I was talking about, but what exactly would happen to the people that on are on the wrong side?

ManyBlackPplDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 2:43 AM | Message # 6
RawrGunz Developer
Quote (Zero)
That's exactly what I was talking about, but what exactly would happen to the people that on are on the wrong side?

Well, they lose the game. The people that are on the wrong side will have no more chance of winning. So, they can either stay on the wrong side, or they can leave the game. If they stay on the wrong side, they wouldn't be able to go back up, so they wouldn't be able to disturb the rest of the game. If they leave, they still wouldn't be able to disturb the game. If they try to rejoin, they will be forced to watch in team mode, and therefore, they wouldn't be able to disturb the game. No matter the scenario, they wouldnt be able to interupt the game.

Message edited by ManyBlackPpl - Monday, 2009-06-22, 2:45 AM

ZeroDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 2:48 AM | Message # 7
RawrGunz Noobie
Quote (ManyBlackPpl)
Quote (Zero)
Well, they lose the game. The people that are on the wrong side will have no more chance of winning. So, they can either stay on the wrong side, or they can leave the game. If they stay on the wrong side, they wouldn't be able to go back up, so they wouldn't be able to disturb the rest of the game. If they leave, they still wouldn't be able to disturb the game. If they try to rejoin, they will be forced to watch in team mode, and therefore, they wouldn't be able to disturb the game. No matter the scenario, they wouldnt be able to interupt the game.

To prevent all of the commotion, you can just put late join as prohibited.

ManyBlackPplDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 3:13 AM | Message # 8
RawrGunz Developer
Quote (Zero)
To prevent all of the commotion, you can just put late join as prohibited.

erm.. You can put late join as prohibited, but it wouldn't really matter because there wouldnt be any commotion.

GraphiDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 8:41 AM | Message # 9
eSOBe
Quote (Zero)
Another thing that would actually be a problem is that the person that has to choose will probably choose the team with the most people.

Thats not a problem. Yesterday 15 people did false and just one stand at the true place.
Do You know who win^^? ;>

G_manDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 8:52 AM | Message # 10
Spartan King
Group: Administrators
wow black , im gobsmacked, very nice, thanks soo much , much appreciated, hope it finishes soon :d once again thanks a lot, coff advertise rawrgunz in ur map :P coff

my sexy Girlfriend :P jus look below :P :P

AlphaMaleDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 2:33 PM | Message # 11
RawrGunz Pro
Quote (Graphi)
Thats not a problem. Yesterday 15 people did false and just one stand at the true place.
Do You know who win^^? ;>

w/e the question was lol, every1 could go on 1 side but it could be wrong depending the question.

But like i said in my thread, the event is based on luck and brains.....

Btw nice work manyblackppl~ ^^

MojoDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 2:50 PM | Message # 12
RawrGunz Owner
wow u really thought that through, nice one!
Ok for recomendations:

- Could there possibly be a viewing area of the whole map that could be used to kill all remaining players using a staff event weapon so that another round could be started?
- Some of the textures are a tiny bit overwhelming considering the size tongue (if you want some some choice try this site: http://cgtextures.com/
- As gurps said could you add "www.rawrgunz.com" or something in there (advertising ftw :p)
- I think i wouldn't mind deving you at rawr (u got some potential i have seen before and you just proved it again):D
- For lightmap have you tried adding the light source then putting 0,0 and some really high number say 100000,100000 for the coverage or w/e (worked for me but I was just playing around at the time ;p)
- I hope your caulking this as it looks like it could be one big map when its completed tongue
- You a star surprised

Keep up the good work! tongue

HopeDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 3:20 PM | Message # 13
Rabbit
Well, there might be a problem.
Imagine the hoster is killing the people who had their awnser incorrect.
He finished killing alll people, but wait. How can he come at the people who had their awnser correct?
Because, if he cant he cant kill the people who had their 2nd awnser incorrect.

^ Yoshino ftw :o
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AlphaMaleDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 3:32 PM | Message # 14
RawrGunz Pro
Quote (Hope)
Well, there might be a problem.
Imagine the hoster is killing the people who had their awnser incorrect.
He finished killing alll people, but wait. How can he come at the people who had their awnser correct?
Because, if he cant he cant kill the people who had their 2nd awnser incorrect.

There would be gurps and paul, paul stays in hallway and gurps kills the incorrect?
Since people who got the question correct will enter a hole sending them back to the hallway.

HopeDate: Monday, 2009-06-22, 5:34 PM | Message # 15
Rabbit
And, what if you ask a question and the awnser it false? there is no way to a new hallway at the false thikng? and also people can cheat by going trough the hole to the hallway

^ Yoshino ftw :o
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ManyBlackPplDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 1:24 AM | Message # 16
RawrGunz Developer
Ahh, you guys are getting the wrong idea of my idea for this map. Basically, the people who get the answer incorrect will not be killed by the hoster. They can simply stay there in that map if they want to, and here's the reason why:

There are three scenarios that can be played out in this situation. They can either try to go back and go through the right hole, they can leave the game, or they can try to rejoin.

-They will not be able to go back through the hole, because the hole is located too high up, and away from the side walls, making it impossible to go back through it. Therefore, they cannot try to go through the correct hole.

-If they leave the game, then they left, and will not be able to try and cheat.

-If they try to rejoin, they will be forced to watch in team cam view, since the round has not ended.

No matter the scenario, they will not be able to try and cheat. So the hoster does not have to do anything to the players. He does not have to kill them at all. He can simply let the stay there the whole event if he wanted to, and at the end note down the player who won by looking at them. The gm items are only to kill people that are left remaining in the halls after the time limit is over. They are not a necessity, but make it much easier.

To address hope, both sides, true and false, have a hole leading them to a new hallway where they will be presented with two more hallways, true and false. Here's a diagram to try and explain how the map looks like. (ignore the dots).

.......start
.....___l____
.....O........x
___l__ ___l__
o....x ..o... x
_l_ _l_ _l_ _l_
o x o x o x o x

It's a bad diagram, but that's not the point. O represents the true side, and X represents the false side. As you can see, even if you go to the true side, there will be another true/false waiting for you, and same thign with the false side.

Also, if you look at the 3rd screen shot I pasted, and you look at the very top, you will notice a very small hole. That is the hole that leads back into the hallway, therefore, it is impossible for anybody to climb there way back up through that hole.

Added (2009-06-23, 2:24 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (rawrgunz)
- Could there possibly be a viewing area of the whole map that could be used to kill all remaining players using a staff event weapon so that another round could be started?
- Some of the textures are a tiny bit overwhelming considering the size (if you want some some choice try this site: http://cgtextures.com/
- As gurps said could you add "www.rawrgunz.com" or something in there (advertising ftw :p)
- I think i wouldn't mind deving you at rawr (u got some potential i have seen before and you just proved it again):D
- For lightmap have you tried adding the light source then putting 0,0 and some really high number say 100000,100000 for the coverage or w/e (worked for me but I was just playing around at the time ;p)
- I hope your caulking this as it looks like it could be one big map when its completed
- You a star

1) I had been thinking about that, and I've thought of a solution. Once you go through the whole event, and have found a winner, you will be in the same room as the winner, while all the other participants may be in a different room. Originally, I had only planned that you would end the event there, but I've thought of a way to start a whole new round. I had wanted to try and put a viewing area where only the hoster could access, but I can't make it so that only the hoster will be able to access that area, but I'm going to experiment a bit more, and try and find a method. But anyways, for now, once you have found the winner, instead of killing everybody else, you could simply let the winner kill you. Since you are the only person on your team, it will restart the round. If you're wearing gm equipment with near infinite hp, then you can type /suicide to kill yourself, and start a new round.

2) Yeah, I might redo the textures, but I don't think I will because the map already has many brushes on it because of all the cutting I've been doing. Instead of csg textures, I might just create my own simple red/green textures. They won't be overwhelming, but they will still have the colours I want. But because there are so many brushes from the cutting, I don't know if I can do all of them, and still keep the sides caulked.

3) Yeah I was also planning on doing this. I pmed gurps to ask if he had the same logo you put on your custom map so that there wouldnt be different logos for rawrgunz, but then I realized that you put rawrlight on it, so I just decided to make my own. Will be adding that to the map soon.

4) Well, we'll see how things turn out :P.

5) I haven't even attempted to add light map to this map yet. The reason it didn't work on my very first one was because I had too many overlapping brushes (at least I think that was the reason). I'm going to try and lightmap this one, and see how things turn out.

6) Yes it is an extremely large map, and yeah I have made sure to caulk every single unecessary side. Basically, almost every single brush has only one side that is not caulked, since at no point will you be leaving the map to the outside.

7) Thanks :P

Btw, I'd just like to point out once again for keep sake.

at no point will it become necessary to kill anybody, unless somebody is roaming through the hallways after the time limit, and as long as you stay in the hallway wall you're waiting for the time to finish, you will not have to worry about getting stuck in a hole.

Message edited by ManyBlackPpl - Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 1:23 AM

AlphaMaleDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 2:31 AM | Message # 17
RawrGunz Pro
alright, now i understand....

(i think x_x)

ManyBlackPplDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 2:35 AM | Message # 18
RawrGunz Developer
Yeah, sorry it's a bit confusing. I think it might make more sense once you're actually in the map.

AlphaMaleDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 2:38 AM | Message # 19
RawrGunz Pro
Quote (ManyBlackPpl)
Yeah, sorry it's a bit confusing. I think it might make more sense once you're actually in the map.

lol that's true, but i noticed somthing, not a issue for the event, but you can use it as a uber crazy maze for Mexican Manhunt cool

MojoDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-23, 2:38 AM | Message # 20
RawrGunz Owner
thanks for the reply ^^
super long message ftw!
will be nice to have more reasons to get people to play here tongue

Forum » RawrGamerz Gunz » Server Developments » True or False map (Originating from AlphaMale's True/False event suggestion.)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright RawrGunz © 2024