Main | Registration | Login Welcome Guest | RSS
Vote for RawrGunz!Please VOTE for RawrGunz at top 200 pserver list!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Splash, ManyBlackPpl  
Forum » RawrGamerz Community » Suggestions & Complaints » Shotties Op'd or Rockets too weak? (And an Apology.)
Shotties Op'd or Rockets too weak?
LucienWolfDate: Monday, 2009-08-03, 12:18 PM | Message # 1
RawrGunz 1337 member
Group: Users
First off, I'd like to say sorry to Matt(ManyBlackPpl) for being up his ass. I must've got under his skin and he logged off for the night.

The reason being this

Last night, we were in a DM room, at that town place(I don't remember the name). And we were fighting, and because I don't like the weakness in Rockets, I simply stated, Rockets are too weak. I then proceeded to claim that Shotguns can even beat Rockets in a "normal" distance battle.

To prove this, Me and Matt proceeded to a duel hall match-up. We were at the opposite ends on the door, and could not move passed the pillars.

I won, and with light-blue health.

The problem with this was that, we were up AGAINST the wall, which gives me a HUGE advantage.

Somewhere along the line, I faced MountAnDewYa, he had dual shotties as well.

I proceeded to tell him, we cannot move past the first set of pillars(moving off the wall). Well, Mount's shotties won with Yellow Hp.

The difference being, I couldn't rely on hitting the wall behind him for any "damage" because rockets are just sooooooooooo much harder to hit with.

The next time I faced MountAnDewYa, I told him, no further then the 2nd set of pillars(last set of pillars, practically middle).
He won nearly full because I could not hit him at all with him BF'ing all over the place.

Shotties do minimal damage ranged, but in a normal battle, the distance is between those 2 pillars(the middle 2), which is kind of where a Rocketeer wants to be when he fires his rocket cause he knows he either missed or hits, he doesn't want to guess from a further range then that because it's wasting ammo.

And in this distance, Shotties still make an impacting damage, and because most people who run dual shotties, they just spam the opening 4-6 rounds, and with consistent hits, that little bit of a 9 dmg(per pellets, normal shop sg's), ends up being half or 3/4's of my health and ap combined.

So again, I apologize to Matt for getting under his skin.

FancyPantsDate: Monday, 2009-08-03, 12:20 PM | Message # 2
Carrot Overlord
Group: Moderators
/agree
Rockets are way harder to hit cuz the missle travels quite a long time and it takes some time to reach target. Revs on the other hand hit immidiately biggrin

SplashDate: Monday, 2009-08-03, 12:34 PM | Message # 3
Head Community Management
Group: Administrators
Im gonna be honest , i think the rocket/shotty's are quited balanced .. Can you do "Splash damage" with a shotgun? Nope =/. Even if you dont hit your target directly with your rocket you still do so called "Splash damage " from the explosion if you miss with a shotgun it doesnt do any damage =/.

LucienWolfDate: Monday, 2009-08-03, 12:36 PM | Message # 4
RawrGunz 1337 member
Thats if you miss with a shotty, which is tough to do, cause even if you miss the mark completely, at a distance shotty has a thing called "Scatter" So you can hit a larger area then what most think. Besides, you cant miss from being way up close with a shotty.

G_manDate: Monday, 2009-08-03, 12:52 PM | Message # 5
Spartan King
I think rockets are a bit more Op'ed, Here is a point and observe, using example as lvl 60 shotty 9dmg and a rocket with 70dmg
Shotty has scatter where the more further you are, the less chance you actually hit and let see even if you do hit, most likely you hit pellet , that will only do 9 dmg, lets see you're more closer you 2-5 pellets you can still do around 18-45 dmg, and lets see you're close, you will hit around 8 pellets which will be like 72 dmg but that's very rare that you hit that much, and very very rarely will you hit all 12 pellets which will obviously give you a big dmg, but we have to take into consideration that most of the time you will never hit many with a shotgun due to the scatter and precise aim.

On the other hand rockets have splash dmg, you have a much wider range you can hit, an opponent can be 2m (game scale) and get hit so you pretty much have a diameter of around 4m around your opponent which is a big advantage already not to mention the dmg now.
I know rockets hit differently too but most of the time if you hit you hit near or fully the true value ( 70dmg ) so tbh rockets are actually Op'ed since you hittin pretty much 70 dmg everytime.

And tbh i think the shotguns are okay as they are, if you have a look at other servers, their shotguns dmg can exceed to 15 dmg shotguns not to mention some others where i've seen 22dmg

But all in all i think they're nicely balanced

my sexy Girlfriend :P jus look below :P :P

G_manDate: Monday, 2009-08-03, 12:53 PM | Message # 6
Spartan King
Quote (LucienWolf)
Thats if you miss with a shotty, which is tough to do, cause even if you miss the mark completely, at a distance shotty has a thing called "Scatter" So you can hit a larger area then what most think. Besides, you cant miss from being way up close with a shotty.

Only 12 pellets hit over a space that so large, that you can probably be in the middle and the person aimed like 100% correctly yet all the pellets miss you bcoz the scatter is soo large

my sexy Girlfriend :P jus look below :P :P

LucienWolfDate: Monday, 2009-08-03, 12:55 PM | Message # 7
RawrGunz 1337 member
Did you know that the lvl 60 rocket does really, 45 dmg?
The 50 damage rocket does 50?

That's the problem, I don't think you and splash know that Rockets were lowered.

Lvl 70 Rl's do 60 dmg, and finally the 99 does 85.

Forum » RawrGamerz Community » Suggestions & Complaints » Shotties Op'd or Rockets too weak? (And an Apology.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright RawrGunz © 2024